100 new jobs announced in Limerick

first_imgNewsBreaking news100 new jobs announced in LimerickBy Staff Reporter – December 1, 2014 701 Twitter Print Email Linkedin SOME 100 new jobs have been announced in Limerick by Information Technology Shared Services, a Division of Johnson & Johnson Services.The company plans to create the new jobs through the creation of a Development Centre at the National Technology Park, Plassey, Limerick.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Recruitment for the information technology positions will start immediately, and the positions are expected to be filled over the next two years.This investment is supported by the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, through IDA Ireland.Making the announcement Minister for Jobs Enterprise and Innovation Richard Bruton, who has met Johnson &Johnson a number of times in Ireland and the USA since taking office, said:“Today’s announcement that Johnson &Johnson, one of the biggest names in thecorporate world, is creating a further 100 jobs in Limerick to add to the 2000 people they already employ across Ireland, is a great boost. Multinational investment plays a key part in our jobs plan, and in recent years we have seen a very strong performance in this area.”Welcoming the announcement, IDA Ireland CEO, Martin Shanahan said:“Limerick is a great place for foreign companies to locate – IDA Ireland will continue to work hard to make sure that the city continues to enjoy investments like this in the future.”Commenting on the announcement Finance Minister Michael Noonan TD said jobcreation is a priority for the Government.“Today’s announcement is another welcome boost for Limerick and further proof that the Governments strategy in relation to job creation is working”.center_img WhatsApp Advertisement Facebook Previous article#Video Seasonal cheer at Lough Gur Christmas villageNext articleIRFU target talent with sevens X Factor Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ielast_img read more

ABS-CBN shuts down Sky Cable, TV Plus channels

first_imgABS-CBN’s broadcast franchise has expired on May 4, while its license renewal bid is still pending in the House of Representatives. The NTC has ordered to halt broadcast on its free TV and radio channels on May 5. In a separate cease and desist order, the NTC ordered ABS-CBN’s cable company, Sky Cable Corp., to “immediately” stop its SKY direct-to-home satellite transmission, which affected households with SKY Direct satellite dishes. “Upon the expiration of R.A. No. 7969, Sky Cable Corporation no longer has a valid and subsisting congressional franchise to install, operate, or maintain a Direct Broadcast Satellite Service,” the order read. The NTC served the closure order to the broadcast giant a day after several members of the House of Representatives threatened to sue NTC commissioner Gamaliel Cordoba before the Office of the Ombudsman. Affected by the said NTC order were ABS-CBN TV Plus channels Cine MO!, Yey!, TeleRadyo, Asianovela, Jeepney TV, and its pay-per-view channel Kapamilya Box Office. Previously, media networks were allowed to continue operations despite the lapse of their broadcast franchise pending their application for license renewal before Congress./PN In NTC’s alias cease and desist order on late Tuesday, it said that ABS-CBN has to stop operating its digital TV transmission in Metro Manila using Channel 43 (644-650 mhz). The company is also required to refund its subscribers of all the amounts representing unconsumed prepaid, deposits on subscriber equipment and devices, deposit or advance payment in monthly charges for postpaid subscribers. MANILA – ABS-CBN has complied with the cease and desist orders issued by the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) as it shut down the operations of Sky Cable and Channel 43 on Tuesday night.last_img read more