‘Our number one priority is to find Casey’: Search intensifies for missing 3-year-old in North Carolina

first_imgChalabala/iStock(CRAVEN COUNTY, N.C.) — A search is intensifying through difficult, rugged terrain and cold temperatures for a missing 3-year-old boy in North Carolina, officials said.“Our number one priority is to find Casey,” Craven County Sheriff Chip Hughes told reporters Wednesday.Casey Lynn Hathaway went missing from the backyard of his grandmother’s home Tuesday afternoon, Hughes said, according to ABC New Bern affiliate WCTI-TV.Casey was playing with two other children, and when those kids came inside without Casey, the grandmother and others spent 45 minutes searching before calling 911, authorities said, according to WCTI.The U.S. Marines Corps has sent in people to help with the search, Hughes said Wednesday.The family has been extremely cooperative, Hughes added.The sheriff’s office has also asked people to check their property, cars and storage sheds for Casey.“No tip is insignificant,” the sheriff said Wednesday.“We’re not giving up,” added the county’s emergency management coordinator, Stanley Kite.Casey has blonde hair and brown eyes. He stands at 28 inches tall and weighs 25 pounds, the sheriff’s office said.Anyone with information is urged to call the Craven County Sheriff’s Office at 252-633-0498 or the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation at 919-662-4500.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

Met puts more bobbies on the beat – at last

first_imgTheMetropolitan Police has succeeded in doubling the number of recruits it putsthrough its training college at Hendon since last year as it starts to tackleits recruitment crisis. It hasstarted a fundamental review of civilian staff pay and conditions because itcannot get new recruits. About 200 trainee officers are now joining the Hendoncourse every five weeks. It followsthe launch of a recruitment task force in the autumn aimed at recruiting 2,000extra officers over the next three years. The campaign is targeted at minoritygroups and new graduates. It alsomarks the relaxation of eligibility rules so that people who have committedminor offences are still eligible. A spokesmansaid, “We are still in crisis with police recruitment because it takes time toget people through the system. “But atpresent we are cautiously optimistic. We are now seeing more people joiningthan leaving.”The taskforce, made up of personnel experts and officers, has slashed applicationprocessing time from nine to less than four months from receipt to start oftraining but the shortage of civilian workers has forced them to switch 200officers to civilian tasks. Met puts more bobbies on the beat – at lastOn 12 Dec 2000 in Personnel Today Previous Article Next Article Comments are closed. Related posts:No related photos.last_img read more

Suits star opens Australian home to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

first_imgVideo Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:56Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:56 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD432p432p216p216p180p180pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenStories from a royal photographer 00:57PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly have a few days off following Sydney’s Invictus Games in October, before jetting off on their first official tour.And it seems a trip to Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, to stay at their mates’ beach shack, is at the top of their bucketlist.Meghan’s friend and former Suits co-star Gabriel Macht — whose wife is Australian actor Jacinda Barrett — has invited the royal newlyweds to Queensland for a romantic getaway, according to the Sunday Mirror.Exclusive: The home where the newlyweds might stay. Picture: Diimex.comMacht and his wife — who were guests at the royal wedding — reportedly offered the Duke and Duchess of Sussex the opportunity to relax at their Sunshine Coast home, which they bought over a decade ago for just over $750,000.SIGN UP FOR THE LATEST REAL ESTATE NEWS HEREThese days, the house would be worth closer to the $1 million mark and it has plenty of quintessential Aussie features.Everyone loves a beanbag. Picture: Realestate.com.auCook up a royal storm. Picture: Realestate.com.auRelax like royalty. Picture: Realestate.com.auBarrett and Macht fell in love with the home when they bought it, and now they want to share it with their royal friends, presumably for mates’ rates.“When we were doing our inspection, kookaburras were on our roof, laughing,” Barrett told NewsCorp back in 2006.● LIVE LIKE A PRINCE OR PRINCESS … IN AUSTRALIA● YOUR CHANCE TO LIVE NEXT TO HARRY AND MEGHAN“There were magpies and willy wagtails and all these Australian birds in the back yard.Here’s hoping Harry and Meghan like birds.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus18 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market18 hours agoHarry and Meghan. Picture: Georges Rogers/MegaJacinda Barrett and Gabriel Macht. Picture: James Whatling/MegaThe four bedroom house — which is walking distance to the beach — usually rents for about $625 per week, and comes with its own decked out granny flat — in case the Queen wants to tag along and play chaperone.The home is near the national park and is in a quiet, private street.A royal swim here perhaps. Picture: Realestate.com.auFor the royal business. Picture: Realestate.com.auWhen it’s time for a royal nap. Picture: Realestate.com.auThe large salt water pool would be perfect for an October dip, and a hammock on the back veranda idyllic for an afternoon nap.The Sunday Mirror are reporting “Harry and Meghan have a window free and Gabriel and his wife have invited them to their beautiful Queenslander-style house.The same source told the UK newspaper that “it’s an incredible place and will be perfect for them to chill out before they go on what is likely to be a fairly non-stop tour.”Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:56Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:56 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD432p432p216p216p180p180pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenStories from a royal photographer 00:57last_img read more

Rare Under 21 hurling win for Waterford

first_imgThe Deise beat Cork 1-21 to 1-11 in Pairc Ui Rinn last night.It’s a first win for Waterford in the Under 21 Championship since 2009.last_img

Red Wings finally retire Red Kelly’s No. 4 in Detroit

first_imgRed Kelly played for two Original Six franchises, but he’s only one of eight to be honored in the rafters by the @DetroitRedWings. #NHLStats #4ever pic.twitter.com/QDmusWvgYD— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) February 2, 2019Named one of the NHL’s 100 greatest players in history in 2017, Kelly joins Detroit teammates Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay, Sid Abel, Terry Sawchuk and Alex Delvecchio in having his number raised to the rafters by the Original Six club.”We are honoring a legend, a hero,” Hall of Fame coach Scotty Bowman noted during the ceremony.Kelly’s number is also retired by Toronto, which was the visiting team Friday night. Kelly is one of nine players in NHL history to have their jersey retired by more than one team. Red Kelly’s #4 goes up to the rafters. pic.twitter.com/1RI4vL9ULz— NHL GIFs (@NHLGIFs) February 2, 2019Kelly wore the spoked wheel for 12 1/2 years, netting 472 points in 846 games as a defenseman for the franchise. He won the Norris Trophy as the NHL’s top D-man following the 1953-54 season.”Seventy-one years ago I joined the Detroit Red Wings out of junior and they gave me No. 20 as a number,” Kelly told a packed Little Caesar’s Arena. “I came back the second year and they changed my number to 4 from 20 and I complained. I said, ‘I liked my 20, why are you changing it?’ They said, ‘One number is lighter to carry than two.’ So I thank them, appreciate for the great years we had in Detroit.”  A cantankerous relationship with then-GM Jack Adams ended with Kelly being traded to Toronto during the 1959-60 season. He shifted to center with Maple Leafs and went on to win four of his eight Stanley Cups with that franchise.Kelly was also awarded the Lady Byng Trophy for gentlemanly play four times, three with Detroit. Kelly jokingly told the crowd that the jersey retirement “wouldn’t have happened in the old days under the Adams regime.” It may have taken a while, but Red Kelly’s No. 4 is finally hanging in the rafters in Detroit.Friday night, the Red Wings honored the 91-year-old Hall of Famer and eight-time Stanley Cup champion by retiring his jersey.last_img read more