Governor Wolf Announces Investments to Bolster Pennsylvania’s Workforce Skills November 06, 2019 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Press Release, Workforce Development Harrisburg, PA – Today, Governor Tom Wolf announced that more than $7.8 million in training assistance funding was provided to 745 Pennsylvania companies through the commonwealth’s Workforce and Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania. This year marks 20 years of partnerships and funding assistance for qualified businesses in the state, with 20,683 companies providing training for 1,238,915 existing staff members.“Continuing education and workforce training allow everyone a path to future success and is a way for employers and employees to show allegiance and good faith in each other,” said Gov. Wolf. “It’s pivotal in strengthening our state’s workforce, our communities, and ultimately, our economy.”Last fiscal year, the commonwealth invested $7,896,801 in trainings and provided 30,460 employees with access to education in the areas of Essential Skills and Advanced Technology. Essential Skills training can include guidance in the areas of communication and teamwork, health and safety, business and computer operations, manufacturing fundamentals, and quality assurance. Advanced technology training can include guidance in the areas of advanced manufacturing technology, advanced software implementation, computer programming, and software engineering.“Job training helps people achieve their career goals and improve their quality of life, and workforce development is one of the strongest drivers of our economy,” said Department of Community and Economic Development Secretary Dennis Davin. “WEDnetPA isn’t just a tool to help workers further their careers; it’s a tool that has helped us attract and retain businesses and grow Pennsylvania’s economy for the past two decades, and will continue to do so for decades to come.”“While other states also offer resources to help companies close the skills gap, WEDnetPA is unique in its approach,” said Statewide Director Thomas Venditti. “By networking with 25 colleges and universities, we leverage their existing professional workforce development staff to create a highly cost-effective way to provide help with incumbent worker training.”Workforce training grants align with Governor Wolf’s PAsmart workforce development initiative. The governor launched the innovative PAsmart initiative last year and secured a $10 million increase to $40 million for the program this year. PAsmart provides $20 million for science and technology education, $10 million for apprenticeships and job training, and new this year, an additional $10 million for career and technical education.This year’s annual report is available online.For more information about the Wolf Administration’s commitment to workforce development, visit the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube.
In the three-day highlight of thefestival, BCPO recorded only 27 street crimes – 62.79-percent lower compared tolast year’s 43. BACOLOD City – Peaceful andsuccessful. This was how the Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) assessed the21-day staging of this year’s MassKara Festival. He also cited the gun ban and mobilephone signal shutdown in some areas. The BCPO also reported onerape-related incident, two robberies and nine theft cases. No incidents ofcarnapping or motornapping were recorded this year./PN Photo by Ian Paul Cordero/PN BCPO spokesperson Lieutenant ColonelAriel Pico said there were no major crimes from Oct. 7 to 27. “These security protocols contributeda lot in reducing the crime rate during the festival,” he said. He added that this year, there were nocases of murder or homicide, while the number of physical assault cases droppedto only four. Last year, there were 14 recorded incidents. Pico attributed this to stringentsecurity measures not just at festival sites but also in strategic placesacross the metro. “The eight focus crimes includedmurder, homicide, rape, physical injury, robbery, carnapping, motornapping, andtheft,” Pico said. “The public was prohibited frombringing knapsacks, pointed sticks, bottled beverages, and deadly weapons forthe safety of the revelers,” said Pico.
This police personnel orients violators of the rules of the general community quarantine in Bacolod City. Police have been enforcing strict measures to curb the spread of coronavirus disease 2019. POLICE STATION 8/BCPO BACOLOD City – Around 286 individuals were nabbed in this city for violating general community quarantine orders set to curb the spread coronavirus disease 2019. Several police stations, along the Mobile Force Company and the Mobile Patrol Group conducted simultaneous operations which led to the arrest of the violators on May 20, according to Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Ariel Pico.Most of the violators were not wearing facemasks or were not applying physical distancing, Pico said.The violators were placed under the custody of various police stations of the BCPO.Charges for violation of Article 151 of the Revised Penal Code, or resistance and disobedience to a person in authority or the agents of such person in relation to the city’s Executive Order No. 35 will be filed against them./PN
Press Association United have more silverware in their trophy cabinet, but City have had the better of their local rivals during the last couple of years. Last November’s 1-0 victory at the Etihad Stadium was the fourth successive derby win for City. The last time they achieved that feat was 60 years ago. Finishing above City would represent a major coup for manager Louis van Gaal, especially after the way his team started the season. But, wary of the fact that seven matches remain, Young is not letting himself get too carried away despite United’s recent upturn in form. “It would be nice (to finish above City) but we are just taking each game as it comes,” the 29-year-old said. “It is obviously going to be another tough one against City next week but we will prepare as well as we can do as we always do.” Young’s form has been key to United’s recovery. The former Aston Villa midfielder has been so good recently that he has kept record signing Angel di Maria out of the United team. That has not been enough to get him back into the England squad though. Many tipped Young to earn an England recall after 19 months in the wilderness, but manager Roy Hodgson left him out of his squad to face Lithuania and Italy. Young revealed Hodgson did not call him to explain his absence from the 24-man party when it was announced. “There was no conversation (with Hodgson),” said Young, whose last England cap came against Ukraine in September 2013. “Obviously I will always want to represent my country. I was a little bit disappointed not to be in the squad, but I have just got to make sure I am playing well here at United and hopefully I will get the call at some time soon.” Ashley Young is desperate to avoid being part of the first United team to lose five successive Manchester derbies. United have never lost five straight matches to their local rivals and Young wants to end City’s dominance this weekend when the Blues come to Old Trafford. “That’s something you want to put right,” the United winger said when asked about City’s recent dominance in this fixture. “It will be another massive game.” Despite City’s recent success in derbies, United go into the match as favourites after registering five straight league wins. That run has helped United move into third, one point ahead of City, who slipped to their third defeat in five games at Crystal Palace on Monday. Young thinks United have a good chance of defeating the Barclays Premier League champions if they maintain their current form. He said: “We know it will be tough but as long as we can play the way we have shown, especially in the last few games, and add to that, it’s going to be a great game and hopefully we will get the three points. “We want to keep the momentum going and the positive play.”