Bhutto Story Gives Parade Big Web Boost

first_imgSheehy’s interview with Bhutto took place in late November. In the article, Bhutto tells Sheehy, “I am what the terrorists most fear.” The article will appear, as scheduled, in Parade’s January 6 issue, which had already gone to press by the day of Bhutto’s assassination. A profile on Benazir Bhutto also appears in More magazine’s December/January issue and on More.com, based on an October interview with Bhutto by writer and Bhutto’s former Harvard classmate Amy Wilentz.SEE RELATED BLOG POST: Did Parade Handle Bhutto Coup Correctly?More on this topic Did Parade Handle Bhutto Coup Correctly? Interview to Unveil Redesign Atlantic’s Britney Bombs at Newsstand Harvard Lifestyle Magazine Featured Eliot Spitzer, Wife ‘In Happier Times’ Feeling Relish Heat, Parade Launches Health Mag Oprah Shares Cover of Magazine for First TimeJust In BabyCenter Sold to Ziff Davis Parent J2 Media | News & Notes Meredith Corp. Makes Digital-Side Promotions | People on the Move The Atlantic Taps Creative Leadership | People on the Move TIME Names New Sales, Marketing Leads | People on the Move Four More Execs Depart SourceMedia in Latest Restructuring Editor & Publisher Magazine Sold to Digital Media ConsultantPowered by Parade magazine’s Web site received the largest number of unique visitors in its history on December 27, the day of Benazir Bhutto’s assassination, when it released its feature on Bhutto, scheduled to be the cover story for its January 6 print issue, more than a week early. Approximately 81,000 users visited the site on the day the piece was posted, compared to Parade.com’s daily average of 31,000, and the article received more than 100,000 page views. The writer of the article, Gail Sheehy, who is a contributing editor for Parade, has appeared on The O’Reilly Factor, Larry King Live, CNN’s The Situation Room, the CBS Early Show, and ABC Radio, among other programs to discuss the interview. The magazine felt the story’s early release online was the “journalistically responsible thing to do,” a spokesperson for Parade told FOLIO:. “We wanted people to see it to bring attention to a prescient story.”last_img read more

2020 MercedesAMG GLC63 brings refreshed V8 grunt to New York

first_img Share your voice Other new model-specific updates include a flat-bottomed AMG wheel (S models get AMG Drive Unit controls, too), as well as an added dynamic drive setting, “Slippery,” on the mode selector. There’s also a newly available upholstery combination: Magma Grey and Black leather with yellow contrast stitching.Pricing and fuel economy numbers have not yet been revealed for either the 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC63 or GLC63 Coupe models, so we don’t yet know how well they’ll stack up against rivals like the Porsche Macan and Audi SQ5. We’ll be able to fill in the blanks as these two SUVs approach their US on-sale date late this year.Originally published April 16.Update, April 17: Adds new photos from the show floor. 31 Photos Apr 19 • Volkswagen’s US CEO says around $25,000 would be a smart price for a small pickup 49 Photos • New York Auto Show 2019 2019 Jaguar F-Pace SVR first drive: A magnificent beast, indeed 2019 Toyota Prius AWD-e review: A thrifty hybrid with more grip More From Roadshow 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC63 SUV rushes into the New York Auto Show Make what you will of the very idea of a high-performance SUV (let alone one with a “four-door coupe” body style), these crossovers’ performance credentials are all but unassailable. Standard GLC63 models get a 4.0-liter biturbo V8 generating 469 horsepower and 479 pound-feet of torque. If that’s not enough power for you, well, first you might want to carefully reconsider. Second, your local Mercedes dealer will happily point to the GLC63 S in either standard or Coupe bodywork. In S trim, power has been bumped out to 479 hp and 516 pound-feet. What do those power metrics translate to? Standard models rocket to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds, and S trims do the deed in 3.6 seconds. Top speed is let out in the S model, too, to 174 mph, while the base 63 cries uncle at 155 mph. In the model’s official press release, Mercedes notes that the GLC63 S lapped Germany’s legendarily difficult Nürburgring Nordschleife racetrack in just 7.49.369 minutes, a record for SUVs.Enlarge ImageMy, what big … everything you have. Mercedes-Benz The biggest change for the 2020 model year doesn’t take place under the hood or on the outside — it’s the cabin, which has been overhauled to accommodate the Mercedes-Benz User eXperience (MBUX for short). The new infotainment interface is much more powerful and configurable than the company’s outgoing COMAND system. It features a 10.2-inch floating center touchscreen atop the center stack, augmented by a 12.3-inch screen that functions as a gauge cluster. There’s also a new, vastly reconfigurable head-up display that’s available too. MBUX supports Alexa-like voice commands with the simple callout, “Hey, Mercedes,” or you can use the touchscreen functions, the gesture-control pad on the center console or a pair of steering-wheel thumbpads. That’s a lot of different ways to interact with one system, and while in our experience MBUX takes some getting used to, it’s a very powerful and attractive-looking system that allows drivers to choose their preferred interface method. 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC63 Coupe blitzes the New York Auto Show New York Auto Show 2019center_img See All Some updates can be seen a mile away, well before an automaker makes it official. After we saw the refreshed Mercedes-Benz GLC, we knew it would only be a matter of time before those changes applied to the hotter AMG versions, as well. Now, at the 2019 New York Auto Show, everything’s come full circle.Like the standard GLC, the GLC63 and GLC63 Coupe models receive freshened lighting fixtures front and rear, as well as newly optional 21-inch wheels and reworked trapezoidal exhaust trims. Regardless of whether you go with the more practical GLC or the more slippery-looking AMG Coupe, there are visual changes. An AMG-specific grille and a more aggressive front splitter are visually carried on through enlarged side sills to the rear of the vehicle, where you’ll find a unique rear diffuser. May 29 • 2020 Ford Escape: Everything there is to know Tags reading • 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC63 brings refreshed V8 grunt to New York Apr 19 • Acura MDX PMC Edition is a hand-assembled SUV in brilliant red paint 1 Apr 19 • Check out the gory details in Honda’s IIHS crash-tested HR-V Comment 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro first drive: Extreme yet surprisingly approachable SUVs Luxury cars Performance Cars Crossovers Audi Mercedes-Benz Porschelast_img read more

Alwar mob lynching Pehlu Khan was not named in chargesheet clarifies Ashok

first_imgAnguri Begum, mother of late Pehlu Khan along with her family members stage a sit-in demonstration to demand justice for him in New Delhi, on April 19, 2017.IANSAmid the row broke over Alwar lynch mob victim Pehlu Khan being named in a charge sheet, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Saturday (June 29) clarified that the killed dairy farmer’s name was not in the charge sheet submitted by the Rajasthan Police in December 2018.Asserting the fact that Congress is ideologically committed against any kind of lynching committed anywhere in the country, Gehlot, in a series of tweets, said that the “news reported in Indian Express is factually incorrect”. “Name of Late Pehlu Khan is not there in the chargesheet submitted by Rajasthan Police in December 2018. This is a separate case which was registered and investigated under previous government in 2017-18 against (Khan’s sons) Mr Arif, Mr Irshad and Mr Khan Mohd (Transporter),”.. since accused name in the chargesheet were not present at the time of the submission in December 2018, the District court accepted the Challan on 24th May 2019. However, our government will see if investigation was done with predetermined intentions,” tweeted Gehlot.Meanwhile, Behror SHO Sugandh Singh said that a charge sheet cannot be filed against a dead person, and this one named all those who were with Khan at the time. After investigation, a final file was prepared on December 30, 2018, which was submitted in court on May 24, he added.Asked if Khan was ever accused, the SHO said: “Those who investigated the case in 2018 can better reply if Pehlu Khan was declared accused in their probe.”Pehlu Khan’s family was shocked at these developments.His elder son Irshad said: “Our family is quite disappointed to know this. We were hoping that Congress government will withdraw the case against us but it’s shocking to know that they have filed a charge sheet”.”We were expecting justice from Congress government in the state. However, this charge sheet has come like a shock.”Khan was beaten to death on the Jaipur-Delhi Highway in Alwar in April 2017 while he and his sons were bringing cattle bought from a fair in Jaipur to their home in Haryana’s Nuh.(With agency inputs)last_img read more