Indonesian wrestler Eko Roni to meet Malaysia’s Murugan Silvarajoo in ONE Championship bout

first_imgEko Roni Saputra, one of Indonesia’s top wrestlers, looks to put his improved striking repertoire to use against ONE Championship newcomer Murugan “Wolverine” Silvarajoo of Malaysia when the two meet at the ONE: REIGN OF DYNASTIES event on Oct. 9.The Venue and location for this event have yet to be announced by ONE Championship, but the event will be broadcasted through ONE apps and its YouTube channel.Eko, who now trains at Evolve MMA club in Singapore, is highly confident that with the amount of work he put into training, he can come out on top. “We will start in a stand-up position, so we’ll strike a lot. Coach Siyar [Bahadurzada] told me that I’d improved my striking capabilities, and maybe I will need to show that,” Eko said according to a media statement sent to The Jakarta Post on Thursday.“But if it doesn’t work, then I’ll try to take him down, because ultimately, I am a wrestler, so I am better at ground fighting. Then again, if I am not careful, I might get punched and knocked out. So, I need to be cautious and read the situation.”Regarding Silvarajoo, Eko acknowledged that he was facing a former boxing champion who had dangerous hands and was equally skilled on the ground. Eko said he had been warned not to underestimate his opponent.Indonesia and Malaysia are two of the most proud fighting nations in the world of combat sports and martial arts. Both countries feature a long list of incredible martial arts athletes with immense skill. When Eko meets Silvarajoo in the circle, that rivalry will be rehashed.Topics :last_img read more

Ronaldo unveils ‘new gym concept’

first_imgRelatedPosts Italy introduces compulsory virus testing for travellers from France Nigeria records new COVID-19 infections, more deaths as figures rise to 57,242 I was in best of forms before Tokyo Paralympics was postponed — Powerlifter Ejike Cristiano Ronaldo has unveiled his latest off-field project with health club chain Crunch – and shared a seven-step workout with his social media followers to kickstart the partnership.The Juventus superstar fronts a fitness-based “new gym concept” with the US-based company, and had originally teased the concept on Friday. And with a joint announcement alongside CR7 Crunch Fitness, Ronaldo virtually guided fitness fanatics through seven workouts to help them stay in shape during the coronavirus lockdown.Ronaldo had initially collaborated with Crunch in 2017 to open a new gym in the Cuidad Lineal district of Madrid, and had been in attendance to share the secret behind his ripped physique.The 35-year-old revealed he usually trained “four or five times a week with 200 or 300 sit-ups” and has once again joined forces with Crunch to keep his followers active despite the lack of football.An official website has been created for the partnership, with more details expected to follow after Ronaldo’s first update on Saturday.Ronaldo recently urged people to keep busy by inviting fans to take part in a core strength challenge. The former Manchester United and Real Madrid talisman as part of Nike’s Living Room Initiative, performed a toe touch-style ab exercise and recorded an impressive 142 repetitions in 45 seconds.But his return to the training field has been place on hold for two weeks, with Ronaldo having to spend a fortnight in quarantine before gearing up for the return of Serie A.Ronaldo returned to Italy on Monday, but must isolate and adhere to the Italian authorities’ measures concerning the ongoing pandemic.After the Italian top flight was suspended, Ronaldo temporarily relocated to his home island of Madeira and regularly posted fitness updates on his social media platforms.— Tags: CoronavirusCR7 Crunch FitnessCristiano Ronaldolast_img read more

Ahmed Toure tests HIV positive

first_imgEgyptian club El Gouna announced on Saturday that newly recruited Ivorian player Ahmed Toure has left the country with a fake passport after he was diagnosed with HIV.The team’s director Ahmed Al Sohafey said regular medical check ups revealed the player had recently contracted the virus, which did not appear during the initial test.“When we signed him he did not suffer from any diseases, however we do regular check ups for the players all times and we now know that he has the virus” Al Sohafey was quoted as saying by supersport.com.The 25-year-old striker, who was born in Burkina Faso but holding Ivorian nationality, joined Gouna from Ghanaian topflight Asante Kotoko, where he spent three seasons and scored 20 goals.Cote D’Ivoire football federation (FIF) told Goal.com that it had received no information about the situation of the player or his whereabouts.last_img read more

Kobe Bryant OK with not playing in 2016 NBA All-Star game

first_img• HEISLER: Lakers could be worse — Dwight Howard, anyone? On Nov. 12, 2004, Bryant dunked over Howard during his rookie season in Orlando. Both Bryant and Howard insisted following the Lakers’ loss to Houston on Saturday that they have since patched things up. But what would be Bryant’s reaction if Nance dunks over Howard on Thursday?“I can’t even imagine. But the first person I’d go see on the bench would be him,” Nance said, laughing. “But I’m sure he’ll say he still has something better.”Bryant’s bravado aside, he actually glowed about Nance’s highlight-reel dunk. “It was impressive. I thought he had hit the max,” Bryant said. “I thought he was going to get fouled. But he kept going up and up and up. That was good stuff.” Kobe Bryant has NBA Commissioner Adam Silver supporting him. The Lakers’ star has worldwide fans, too. But Bryant sounded deferential on if he should appear in the 2016 NBA All-Star Game in Toronto on Feb. 14, 2016 during his 20th and final NBA season.“It would be great to play,” Bryant said. “If I’m not in it, I’m not going to beat myself up over that either. I’ll support the game no matter what. I’ll support the players no matter what.”This would normally mark a no-brainer for Bryant, who has been voted in for 17 All-Star games. But he has averaged only 16.5 points on 33-percent shooting, 4.1 rebounds and 3.6 assists so far this season.• RELATED: Has Kobe turned a corner in his play, regimen? Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorcenter_img But Bryant is expected to receive enough votes both because of his popularity and he is listed as a frontcourt player for playing small forward. But after averaging 18.2 points on 47.2-percent shooting and 4.2 assists in the last five games, Bryant could appear on merit.“It would be great, but at the same time I’ve played in a lot of them, so it’s always great to have the younger guys step up and get their opportunities,” Bryant said. “If I’m fortunate to be there, I’ll be extremely grateful for that. If I’m not, at the same token, I’ll be extremely grateful for the opportunities I’ve had.” Issuing a challengeBryant called Larry Nance Jr.’s one-handed dunk over Milwaukee center John Henson “impressive.” But that’s not what Bryant told Nance Jr. during the ensuing timeout.“He looked to me and said, ‘When you do that on Dwight Howard, you can come talk to me,’” Nance said.last_img read more