German club insist on Arsenal midfielder

first_imgHertha Berlin have tabled a bid for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka. Xhaka The Switzerland captain has already agreed personal terms with the Bundesliga outfit, which have offered €25m to the Gunners to sell, says Blick. However, Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has stated he is reluctant to lose Xhaka midway through the season.Advertisement Arteta’s claims have been dismissed by Xhaka’s camp, which believe it’s all a tactic to drive up his price. His agent, Jose Noguera, said last week: “We agreed with Hertha, he has already asked for approval from coach Arteta and club boss (Raul) Sanllehi.” But for the moment, everything is in limbo given Arteta’s comments. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… center_img Promoted ContentTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your MindCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeTake A Look At The Celebs Who Lost Their Money And Why6 Of The Best 90s Shows That Need To Come Back ASAP7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better9 Most Epic Movie Robots We’ve Ever Seen14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right Nowlast_img read more

Hernandez closing in on record-breaking LA Galaxy transfer

first_img Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?10 Dystopian Movie Worlds You’d Never Want To Live InWhat Is A Black Hole And Is It Dangerous For Us All?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do8 Things To Expect If An Asteroid Hits Our Planet7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top8 Best 1980s High Tech Gadgets8 Ways Drones Will Automate Our Future LA Galaxy have revealed they are “serious” about signing former Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez. Loading… Following his £6.5million move from West Ham in the summer, the striker has scored just three goals for them, including one in LaLiga and two in the UEFA Europa League. The signing of Hernandez could, however, offer Galaxy the Ibrahimovic replacement they have been looking for. The Swedish center-forward scored 52 goals in 56 games for the US team but left at the end of last season to try his hand again in Europe. Hernandez won the Premier League twice with United and is Mexico’s all-time leading scorer with 52 goals. While he will face a hard task replicating Ibrahimovic’s incredible goalscoring record, he will arguably be the biggest ticket seller in Major League Soccer. Read Also:Zlatan exit: Javier Hernandez ‘considers LA Galaxy switch’ Playing for the likes of Manchester United, Real Madrid and Bayer Leverkusen, scoring 156 goals in his club career and making 109 appearances for Mexico, Hernandez would bring top-flight experience to the LA Galaxy. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Club manager Dennis te Kloese is looking for a replacement for Zlatan Ibrahimovic after he headed back to AC Milan. He told Spanish outlet MARCA that the Sevilla forward could be the man. Kloese said: “We are going to try seriously to sign him, it would be a good deal for us.” Having previously mentioned his desire to play in the MLS, the 5ft 7in Mexican is said to be in “advanced negotiations” after meeting with a representative of Galaxy on Monday to discuss an offer over the potential move. Sevilla are said to want £8million for Hernandez, which would force the MLS side to smash the club record £5million they paid Villareal for Giovani dos Santos in 2015. Despite being said to have a good relationship with manager Lopetegui, Hernandez has been struggling for games at Sevilla, having made just 14 appearances in all competitions.last_img read more

Tottenham chase Fenerbahce striker Vedat Muriqi,

first_img Turkish newspaper Aksam claim that Spurs bid for Kosovo international Muriqi earlier in the window, before turning their attentions towards Edinson Cavani. Read Also:‘Embarrassing’ Man Utd suffer fresh woe, Tottenham boost top four bid But with the Uruguayan set for Atletico Madrid, Tottenham are set to launch a renewed £20million bid for Muriqi. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Tottenham Hotspurs’ striker search this month is set to take another twist as they chase Fenerbahce striker Vedat Muriqi, according to reports. Muriqi has been on Spurs’ radar for a while, but the North Londoners have also looked elsewhere. As they have struggled in the absence of Harry Kane, and even before the England skipper’s injury, Tottenham are trying to get a deal for a striker over the line  before next week’s deadline.Advertisement Loading… Promoted Content9 Great Actors Who Will Always Be Defined By One Role10 Characters Who Deserve To Be Official Disney Princesses10 Completely Unexpected Facts About The US President’s DaughterTop 10 Tiniest Phones Ever MadeCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Non-Obvious Things That Damage Your Phone7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?last_img read more

Odion Ighalo opens up on career-best goal

first_imgNigeria’s Odion  Ighalo has described the sensational goal he scored against LASK in the Europa League as one of his career-best.Advertisement Read Also: Ighalo names three Man Utd stars who helped him settle“I am indeed grateful to God for using me to achieve this,’ he added.Interestingly, the award-winning goal, coupled with a later assist for Daniel James in the same game, earned him a place in the Europa League Team of the Week.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Promoted ContentThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The WorldThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Who Earns More Than Ronaldo?6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better8 Ways Drones Will Automate Our Future7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe6 TV Characters Whose Departures Have Made The Shows BetterBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadePortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiticenter_img Speaking on Lagos-based Brila FM, the Man United forward described the goal against LASK as one of the best goal he has scored in his entire career.“I’m happy about the goal, that goal if not the best goal of my career so far it will be one of the best,” Ighalo said.“It was a great goal, for the club tagging me The Nigerian Pride is a privilege, you know being the first Nigerian to play and score for the club is really great. The Nigerian’s driven shot to open the scoring against the Austrians, after some skilled ball juggling in the build-up after receiving a lofty pass from Bruno Fernandes.last_img read more

Man United join race for Barcleona’s Philippe Coutinho

first_img The Brazilian international has been widely linked with a return to English top flight, after swapping Liverpool for Barcelona in 2018. The 27-year old will return to Catalonia this summer, with Bayern Munich declining to take up their €120M purchase option on him.According to reports in the Daily Star, United will now challenge Leicester City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham for the former Inter Milan star.Coutinho’s agent Kia Joorabchian has confirmed a comeback is likely, with his first team opportunities set to be limited at Barcelona next season.“I don’t have any preference where my players go, despite being an Arsenal fan, he told an interview with Sky Sports.“I do not push for my players to join one club or another, and everything is a possibility.“After the Champions League game with Chelsea, we had a long chat.“The Premier League is always something he loved playing in, and he would probably love to go back and play there.”Read Also: Ronaldo has had advantages in the quarantine – Lazio chiefUnited boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be handed a sizeable transfer budget this summer, with a reported €200M made available to the Norwegian.Aston Villa skipper Jack Grealish has already been linked with a move to Old Trafford, and a move for Coutinho is likely to cost around €80M.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Promoted ContentWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoThe Absolute 10 Greatest Shows In HBO HistoryCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way20 “The Big Bang Theory” Moments Only A Few Fans Knew AboutThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?7 Things That Actually Ruin Your Phone Manchester United have reportedly become the latest Premier League side looking to bring Philippe Coutinho back to England.Advertisementlast_img read more

Inclusion of hazing in list of heinous crimes mulled

first_img The solon has also called for an independent investigation to be conducted by the Philippine National Police (PNP) and National Bureau of Investigation on the incident and not just by the PMA. Cagayan de Oro 2nd District Rep. RufusRodriguez said in a television interview that Congress might define hazing as aheinous crime following the death of PMA cadet Darwin Dormitorio, who he saiddied of cardiac arrest due to internal hemorrhage. The PNP said that it was already considering as suspects the three third class cadets who were earlier identified as persons of interest in the death of Dormitorio./PN “The difference will be first they will not be eligible for good conduct time allowance. They will have to serve the entire life imprisonment that will be meted to them. Because it seems the new law last year did not deter people like in the case of the PMA,” he added. The parents of slain law freshman Horacio Castillo III over the weekend urged lawmakers to make hazing a heinous crime. “There is a possibility we will elevatethis into a heinous crime. Although right now the penalty already is reclusionperpetua plus a P3-million fine in case death occurs,” Rodriguez said in aninterview with ABS CBN News Channel. Rodriguez further said: “there is command responsibility here. A young person who wishes to become a military officer and do good service to the country. All the dreams of Darwin have died with him.” MANILA – The death of a PhilippineMilitary Academy (PMA) cadet last week in Baguio City prompted a lawmaker topush a measure including hazing in the list of “heinous crimes.” Cagayan de Oro 2nd District Rep. Rufus Rodriguez. ABS-CBN News last_img read more

MassKara revelry ‘generally peaceful’

first_imgIn the three-day highlight of thefestival, BCPO recorded only 27 street crimes – 62.79-percent lower compared tolast year’s 43. BACOLOD City – Peaceful andsuccessful. This was how the Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) assessed the21-day staging of this year’s MassKara Festival. He also cited the gun ban and mobilephone signal shutdown in some areas. The BCPO also reported onerape-related incident, two robberies and nine theft cases. No incidents ofcarnapping or motornapping were recorded this year./PN Photo by Ian Paul Cordero/PN BCPO spokesperson Lieutenant ColonelAriel Pico said there were no major crimes from Oct. 7 to 27. “These security protocols contributeda lot in reducing the crime rate during the festival,” he said. He added that this year, there were nocases of murder or homicide, while the number of physical assault cases droppedto only four. Last year, there were 14 recorded incidents.  Pico attributed this to stringentsecurity measures not just at festival sites but also in strategic placesacross the metro. “The eight focus crimes includedmurder, homicide, rape, physical injury, robbery, carnapping, motornapping, andtheft,” Pico said. “The public was prohibited frombringing knapsacks, pointed sticks, bottled beverages, and deadly weapons forthe safety of the revelers,” said Pico. last_img read more

Diversion Road as ‘traffic discipline zone’ mulled

first_imgConlu said these included the speedlimit ordinance, the ordinance against modified mufflers, points where to loadand unload passengers, the use of helmets by motorcycle riders, the use ofseatbelts, non-use of cellphones while driving, and windshields must be freefrom gadgets that directly distract the driver’s line of sight, among others. An ITS involves the use ofclosed-circuit television cameras capable of determining the speed of vehicles(if they are overspeeding) and of recording them. It would also entail theestablishment of a command/monitoring center. The city government’s Public Safetyand Transportation Management Office (PSTMO) will be tasked to enforce the planin coordination with the Land Transportation Office and the Highway PatrolGroup of the Philippine National Police. After the Diversion Road, next to bemade a “traffic discipline zone” is McArthur Drive from Barangay Tabuc Suba toBarangay Balantang in Jaro. Mabilog thought of having an ITS forthe city to address traffic congestion, stop illegal parking and curb recklessdriving that mostly result to vehicular accidents. Going ahead with the ITS without acomprehensive study on the city’s traffic situation would not be an intelligentmove, explained Espinosa. But in October 2017 Mabilog wasdismissed from the service by the Office of the Ombudsman for unexplainedwealth. Then vice mayor Espinosa who assumed Mabilog’s post put the project onhold. Treñas said giant telecommunicationscompany Philippine Long Distance Telephone offered to establish a trafficcommand center with closed circuit television cameras on the Diversion Road forthe monitoring of vehicles. ILOILO City – Imagine the 14-kilometerstretch of the Sen. Benigno Aquino Jr. Avenue (Diversion Road) from Mandurriaoto Jaro district teeming with traffic auxiliaries enforcing local and nationaltraffic rules and regulations round the clock. “I want this scheme initially tried onthe Diversion Road para mapakita ngapwede maobra ini,” said Treñas. Like the Diversion Road, McArthurDrive is also “problemado pirmi satraffic because of lack of discipline,” said Treñas.center_img By January 2020 if not before thisyear is over, the avenue would be made a “traffic discipline zone”, accordingto Mayor Jerry Treñas. “All vehicles passing throughDiversion Road should observe local traffic ordinances and the National TrafficCode 24/7 or they would be apprehended,” said PSTMO chief Jeck Conlu. What are these traffic rules andregulations? In January 2017 Mabilog formed atechnical working group and the city government allotted P25 million for thesystem. Phase II would be on the coastal road,Phase III on the McArthur Highway Drive going to the municipality of Leganes,Iloilo and Phase IV on the Circumferential Road going to Oton, Iloilo./PN It was unclear, though, if Espinosaordered a comprehensive study right after suspending his predecessor’s project. He said an ITS would discouragedrivers from disregarding traffic rules and regulations, and it would also helplaw enforcers to easily identify and catch violators. As proposed by Mabilog, the firstphase of the ITS would be on the Sen. Benigno Aquino Jr. Avenue because thishighway is prone to vehicular accidents due to overspeeding drivers. The mayor previously said he wouldpush through with the intelligent traffic system (ITS) that former mayor JedPatrick Mabilog proposed in 2017.last_img read more

Theft suspect surrenders

first_imgShe was detained in the lockup cell ofthe Oton police station. It was not immediately clear as of thiswriting if the suspect has posted bail./PN ILOILO City – A 37-year-old woman hasturned herself in to the police. The suspect went to the police stationwhen she learned that a warrant of arrest has been issued against her, thereport added.center_img The court recommended a P6,000 bail bondfor her temporary liberty. Richelle Garote of Barangay Alegre,Oton, Iloilo has been wanted for theft charges, a police report showed.last_img

2 ‘pushers’ fall in Panay buy-bust

first_imgThe minor was turned over to the Panay municipal police station’s Womenand Children Protection desk, while Arcangeles was detained in the custodialfacility of the police station. Aside from suspected shabu, a P500 marked money and cash amounting toP150 were also seized from the suspects. The 21-year-old Kenn Joy Angeles and a 17-year-old minor – bothresidents of Roxas City, Capiz – yielded the suspected illegal drugs, policesaid. ROXAS City – Nine sachets of suspected shabu were seized in a buy-bustoperation in Barangay Tanza Sur, Panay, Capiz. Kenn Joy Angeles and a 17-year-old minor sits while antidrug officers inspect items seized from them. They were nabbed in an entrapment operation in arangay Tanza Sur, Panay, Capiz on Feb. 20. center_img Personnel of the Capiz Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit and the Panaymunicipal police station staged the entrapment operation on Feb. 20. “Gin monitor naton ang ila nga movement antes gin kasa ang operation saila,” Police Captain Marvin Balmes, Panay Chief of Police told Panay News. Charges for violation of Republic Act 9165, or the comprehensiveDangerous Drugs Act of 2002 will be filed against them./PNlast_img read more