The 2017-built fishing vessel Seikongen has ended its sailing career too soon as the vessel sank off the port of Chonchi, Chile on October 18.Seikongen’s master reported that the ship was taking on water in the morning hours while it was south of the Yal Canal, according to data provided by the Chilean Navy.The navy said it sent four vessels in an effort to prevent water pollution in the area, adding that anti-pollution equipment was also deployed at the site.El Subcentro de Combate a la Contaminación de la #Armada en #Castro desplegó elementos de contención y recuperación de sustancias oleosas pic.twitter.com/2RwBZLwxee— Armada de Chile (@Armada_Chile) October 18, 2017At the time of the incident, there were 11 crew members aboard the 70-meter-long fishing vessel, all of whom were evacuated from the ship and were brought to safety, the navy confirmed.Relevant authorities have been assigned to investigate the cause of the sinking.World Maritime News Staff; Image/Video Courtesy: Chilean Navy </p><p>World Maritime News Staff; Image/Video Courtesy: Chilean Navy
Turkish newspaper Aksam claim that Spurs bid for Kosovo international Muriqi earlier in the window, before turning their attentions towards Edinson Cavani. Read Also:‘Embarrassing’ Man Utd suffer fresh woe, Tottenham boost top four bid But with the Uruguayan set for Atletico Madrid, Tottenham are set to launch a renewed £20million bid for Muriqi. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Tottenham Hotspurs’ striker search this month is set to take another twist as they chase Fenerbahce striker Vedat Muriqi, according to reports. Muriqi has been on Spurs’ radar for a while, but the North Londoners have also looked elsewhere. As they have struggled in the absence of Harry Kane, and even before the England skipper’s injury, Tottenham are trying to get a deal for a striker over the line before next week’s deadline.Advertisement Loading… Promoted Content9 Great Actors Who Will Always Be Defined By One Role10 Characters Who Deserve To Be Official Disney Princesses10 Completely Unexpected Facts About The US President’s DaughterTop 10 Tiniest Phones Ever MadeCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Non-Obvious Things That Damage Your Phone7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?
In the three-day highlight of thefestival, BCPO recorded only 27 street crimes – 62.79-percent lower compared tolast year’s 43. BACOLOD City – Peaceful andsuccessful. This was how the Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) assessed the21-day staging of this year’s MassKara Festival. He also cited the gun ban and mobilephone signal shutdown in some areas. The BCPO also reported onerape-related incident, two robberies and nine theft cases. No incidents ofcarnapping or motornapping were recorded this year./PN Photo by Ian Paul Cordero/PN BCPO spokesperson Lieutenant ColonelAriel Pico said there were no major crimes from Oct. 7 to 27. “These security protocols contributeda lot in reducing the crime rate during the festival,” he said. He added that this year, there were nocases of murder or homicide, while the number of physical assault cases droppedto only four. Last year, there were 14 recorded incidents. Pico attributed this to stringentsecurity measures not just at festival sites but also in strategic placesacross the metro. “The eight focus crimes includedmurder, homicide, rape, physical injury, robbery, carnapping, motornapping, andtheft,” Pico said. “The public was prohibited frombringing knapsacks, pointed sticks, bottled beverages, and deadly weapons forthe safety of the revelers,” said Pico.
Congratulations to Blake Walsman on being named All-American by both the NAIA and the NCCAA.The Batesville native finished the season averaging 21.4 ppg, 14.3 rpg, while shooting 61.4% from the floor. Walsman led the nation in rebounding & double-doubles (25) during the regular season, finished 11th in field goal percentage, and 17th in scoring per game.Blake is one of two players in NAIA DII to grab 12 offensive rebounds in a game this season. He is also one of three players to grab 19 defensive rebounds in a game this season. Walsman was able to also grab 20+ rebounds in 7 games this season.During his Junior campaign, Blake Walsman broke the CCU record for Career Rebounds (904) since joining NAIA and moved into second place All-Time in scoring for CCU (1,541) since joining NAIA.Blake Walsman ‘s 2017-18 Season AccoladesNAIA All-American (Second Team), NCCAA All-American (Third Team), River States Conference Player of the Year Runner-Up, First Team All-Conference (RSC), and First Team All-Mid-West Region (NCCAA).
EDNA, Texas (Feb. 26) – Interest generated by a Modified race held at Edna last fall led to the IMCA division being sanctioned there this season. IMCA Modifieds join Saturday programs at Texana Raceway Park beginning with opening night on March 30. Another 13 events are scheduled at the 5/16-mile clay oval through season championship night on Sept. 28. Located approximately 100 miles southwest of Houston, Texana Raceway Park will field a strong group of local Modified drivers while getting cars from the San Antonio, Corpus Christi and Houston areas. “This is another great addition to our South Central Region,” noted IMCA Vice President of Operations Jim Stannard, “and a great track for RaceSaver Sprint Car events as well.” Specials on the 2019 schedule are the Aug. 30-31 Jim Scribellito Memorial, held in honor of the former Shady Oaks Speedway promoter, and the Oct. 25-26 Aaron Hudgeons Memorial. Texana, which was sanctioned in 2005 and 2006, will be part of IMCA’s Razor Chassis South Central Region for Modifieds and will also host a number of IMCA RaceSaver Sprint Car events. “There was a lot of interest. We polled the drivers and it was unanimous that they wanted to go with IMCA,” said promoter Rachel Densman, who purchased the track two years ago with her husband Kenny, a former Modified driver. “IMCA is a well-known organization. We like the rules and we like that our drivers will be eligible for point funds.”
Woodrow Smith, age 79 of New Trenton, Indiana passed away Friday, April 26, 2019 in Harrison, Ohio. Born in Ogle Creek, Kentucky the son of Rev. Gayle and Hazel (Swafford) Smith.Woodrow married Nadine Broughton on December 24, 1960 in Barbourville, Kentucky. Worked as a Union carpenter for many years. Member of Smyrna Baptist Church New Trenton, Indiana.Woodrow is survived by his wife Nadine Smith of New Trenton, Indiana. Father of Sondra Smith, Danny Smith and Darrell Smith. Papaw of Stephanie, Devon, Garrett, Cameron, Morgan and Courtney. Great grandpa of Lillie, Colt and Brielle. Brother of Cloyd and Ruby Smith.Preceded in death by his parents Rev. Gayle and Hazel Smith, siblings RJ, Ethel, Honour and Chelsea Smith.Visitation will be held Wednesday, May 1, 2019 from 5:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. at Jackman Hensley Funeral Home 215 Broadway Street Harrison, Ohio 45030. Funeral Services will be Thursday, May 2, 2019 11:00 A.M. at Smyrna Baptist Church 4047 US 52 West Harrison, Indiana 47060 with Pastor Chuck McMahan and Pastor Shawn Crisman officiating. Burial will follow at Glen Haven Cemetery Harrison, Ohio.Memorials may be directed to American Heart Association and or Smyrna Baptist Church.
“I got a really massive wind switch on four [his tee shot flew the green and almost hit Adam Scott on the fifth tee] and then hitting the sprinkler on 13 to go up into the azaleas. “I felt like I played well coming in. I gave myself looks at birdie almost every hole. I couldn’t get one to drop. “I didn’t know that putt on the last was to make the cut, but when I got into the scoring area and saw that I was in (joint) 46th place, it was a bit of a sigh of relief that I’m here for the weekend. “I just want to go out there and try to get off to a fast start. Eleven shots back (of leader Bubba Watson) with two rounds to play is going to be nearly impossible to make up so I’m trying to shoot two really low rounds and see where that puts me at the end of the week. “It will take something phenomenal to shoot something in the mid-60s and get myself back under par going into the last day. But I’m going to need to be two, three or four under par going into the last day to have any sort of chance.” Press Association McIlroy did not realise he had to par the last to make the cut on the mark of four over par, but held his nerve from four feet to complete a disappointing – and admittedly unfortunate – 77. “It was very frustrating. I just really couldn’t get anything to go my way,” McIlroy said. “I had a couple of really bad breaks on four and 13. Rory McIlroy admitted it would be “nearly impossible” to win the Masters after scraping into the final two rounds at Augusta National.
highlights New Delhi: The first ODI between West Indies and India at the Providence stadium in Guyana on Thursday was marred by rain. The start of the game was delayed by two hours as rain and a wet outfield forced the game to be reduced to 43 overs. India chose to bowl but the players had to leave the field after 5.4 overs after yet another rain interruption. Despite it being for only five minutes, the outfield was wet and the absence of a super-sopper resulted in more time being taken as the groundstaff had to manually clean the outfield.After an hour’s delay, the match was reduced to 34 overs but a second rain break forced the match to be abandoned altogether. Speaking after the end of the match, Indian skipper Virat Kohli expressed his frustration, stating that a stop-start match does not help the players.”It’s probably the worst thing in cricket, the start-stop game. The more stops you have, the more you have to be careful about injuries on the field. Some of the pitches can really test you,” Kohli said.Even West Indies skipper Jason Holder expressed disappointment with the weather. “Obviously a disappointing day with the weather. Our openers assessed it really well, some balls were stopping and coming on a tacky pitch. They needed to spend some time in the middle. Hopefully the weather stays good and we get to play some cricket,” Holder said.The second match of the three-match ODI series will take place in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad on August 11. India vs West Indies ODI in Guyana was abandoned due to rain.There were two rain breaks during the game.The outfield was also damaged due to rain. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
So you’re a Milwaukee Brewer fan, and you’re bummed. The Yankees are dangling a $140 million lamb chop in front of CC Sabathia, and with two teams from the left-handed ace’s home state of California expected to get in the mix with big money offers as well, the Brewers’ chances to retain his services are slim to none. And slim is one of the last words applicable Sabathia.You’re disappointed. It’s natural. Pitchers like Sabathia aren’t exactly a dime a dozen. (More like 1,400,000,000 dimes per, but who’s counting?) What Sabathia did over the last three months of the season was unreal. The dude threw seven complete games, averaged nearly a strikeout an inning and had a WHIP of 1.00. (For the uninitiated, that’s very, very good.) On top of all that, he was an absolute rock star in Milwaukee, pitching three times in the final nine games of the season to carry the Brewers to the playoffs for the first time since before Jacko started dancing to “Thriller.”All that, and now the economics of baseball swipe him away. The small market Brewers just can’t compete with the New Yorks and San Franciscos of baseball when it comes to putting zeros at the end of paychecks.But now’s not the time to break into a woe-is-us song, Brew Crew. Nope. While it may sound counterintuitive, in the end, not signing Sabathia is probably for the best.Actually, it is for the best.“How’s that?” you ask, especially when he earned a damn near 100 percent approval rating and probably is the reason there’ll be multiple Carsten Charles enrolling in Milwaukee kindergartens in four years. He vanquished the Cubs to send the Brewers to the playoffs, ya know.That’s true. And I was there. Thing is, that was the absolute climax for CC in Milwaukee. Pitching on three days rest. Shutting down the Cubs on the final day of the season and tossing a complete game to blow the lid off of 26 years of frustration.That day, CC was a god. The stadium rocked with chants of “CC! CC!” for what seemed like half the game. And he came through. For pulling off that magic, he was Favre.Thing is, if he sticks around much longer, Sabathia would be liable to turn into, well, Favre.In the deciding game four of the Divisional Series against the Phillies, the Brewers trailed 5-0 in the bottom of the third. With his team’s season flat lining, interim manager Dale Sveum sent Sabathia to pinch-hit for pitcher Jeff Suppan. Sabathia struck out on three pitches. But even down five runs, Sabathia earned a standing ovation, thanks for everything he did to make the playoffs a reality.No Brewers fan will forget what CC did for them and for the team. Sabathia will never forget the love poured on him by his teammates and fans. It was perfect.Even if Sabathia spurned the extra $40 mil the Yankees are reportedly offering, it wouldn’t be for five years like the last three months. It’s not like the Brewers couldn’t find other ways to use that $100 million, either. For that much, they could sign another starting pitcher and shore up other areas of the roster.There’s no way Sabathia would ever be able to live up to the standards he set. He’d fail at some point and probably come out looking flat at times. After pitching nearly 500 innings over the last two seasons — by far the most of any major league pitcher over that time — he could fall victim to injury. Sabathia might not live up to the huge investment the Brewers would be making in him, an investment that would cripple the franchise if the lefty flamed out.Any of that would likely taint Sabathia.And that would suck. Because, like we saw with Favre this summer, when relationships in pro sports start to go bad, they go bad quick, and they get nasty.After a whirlwind courtship that played out like something from a storybook, the Brewers and Sabathia need to end happily ever after.Ben is a senior majoring in journalism and political science and is a former sports editor at The Badger Herald. Disagree with him? He’d love to hear it. E-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Vincent and the Grenadines Honorary Consul to Jamaica, June Barbour, in a letter to the stranded students warned also that the airfare could increase if there are fewer than 56 students making the journey. “This means that the fare for each person to travel, if the 56 persons quota is achieved is US$1,339.29. This is a discounted rate from US$101, 420,” Barbour said, adding that the government is in the process of making arrangements to have LIAT’s officers here to collect all the payments for the flight. She said the Antigua-based regional airline, LIAT, of which St. Vincent and the Grenadines is a shareholder, has quoted a cost of US$75,000 for a charter flight from Jamaica to St. Vincent. KINGSTOWN, St. Vincent – St. Vincent and the Grenadines students in Jamaica wanting to return home amidst the problems created by the coronavirus (COVID-19, including locked borders, must each pay an estimated US$1, 3339 for a return flight. Many of the self-funded students have returned home amidst community spread of COVID-19 in Jamaica. But some of the stranded students include those whose education is being funded by disadvantaged students’ loans and scholarships. “Please indicate as soon as possible if you still have an interest in travelling on this flight,” Barbour told the students. The students were given the quotation weeks after one of them wrote to the online publication, iWitness News, an April 21 open letter to the National Student Loan Company, Ministry of Education and Bank of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. In the letter published on the iWitness News website, the student wrote “a poll was conducted among us, which revealed that past the month of April, many persons funded by the disadvantage student loan would no longer be able to sustain themselves for the extended period of the semester. Against this backdrop, we call on the stakeholders of the National Disadvantaged Student Loan Scheme to investigate the unforeseen situation that has resulted in varying implications for students in this time of anxiety and concern.” In a recent comment on radio, Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves said there were issues to be worked out to bring the students home from Jamaica and Cuba. “And I point out that I’m in touch in Jamaica with our Honorary Consul Miss Barbour, Pam Barbour and I’m in touch with Ambassador John about Cuba. There are issues at play which we have to work out,” he said. CMC